Sunday, October 25, 2009

Brugmansias

I saw in the forum some postings about the brugs and the lovely flowers they produced .... gosh the flowers are huge and they look like bells hanging from a tree. Someone in the forum selling brug cuttings even posted the lovely brugs he planted on his pavement in Singapore. So if brugs can grow and flower in Singapore ... I suppose it's worth while trying to grow them too in the CG.
So two kind friends gave me cuttings and the brugs are growing in the CG.



Posted by Picasa
Hopefully they grow well to look like the subsequent pics of brugs from Cameron Highlands. What a lovely thought to have flower bells hanging down from two trees in the CG and I heard that the fragrance they emit can make you do strange things .... LOL.


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

J.C. said...

I call this trumpet flowers! The first time I saw them was in Northern Sulawesi, a hilly town called Tomohon. There were so many yellow trumpet flowers and the blooms were huge.

The 2nd time I saw them was at Bentong, at the foothill of Genting Highlands. It was also yellow in colour. So this is the first time I see one that is not yellow! Beautiful blooms!