Friday, May 15, 2009

Three Times Sweet Potato Leaves

A couple of elderly ladies in the CG love to grow this. They will lovingly weed it, water it and put compost on their planter beds. I can see that they are regularly harvested for consumption.
There are three kinds of sweet potato leaves grown in the CG. The palm shaped leaves and the heart shaped leaves which have filled the planter beds. There's also the purple heart shaped leaves which my neighbour is trying to grow.
I ever bought sweet potato leaves from the supermarket and stir-fried them with garlic. My dh and I couldn't stand the mucilage layer that came with it after the leaves were cooked. I guess some just loved the way the cooked vege tasted. For the moment I don't see these ladies going gaga over the root vege that's supposed to come with growing sweet potatoes. I would love to get my hands on the root vege though and make sweet potato soup!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: