Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Old Cucumber and Cucumber

The one that I planted in the CG is beginning to show fruits and there are still lots of flowers too. I was fighting a battle with thrips earlier on in the week. Continuous application of a generous dose of chilli, oil and detergent solution helped me get the pests under control although they are never totally eradicated. And of course I can't do without the ants cos' they definitely helped in the pollination .... haiz!

Found this one that was hidden from view.
Posted by Picasa
My neighbour has allowed a number of the cucumbers on her plant to age and wala .... is this the way to get old cucumbers for making soup. I'm learning everyday.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi,

i am planting cucumbers too, I was just wondering how long does it take for a fully grown cucumber like the picture in your blog, till it becomes "old" for soup making?

Desmond

on facebook: desmond n shermin

Chawanmushi said...

hi Desmond,
Thanks for visiting. I didn't take note of the duration it took for them to turn brown. My rough estimate .... 1-2 months, maybe.