Monday, July 2, 2012

News in Life Storeys .....

Here's the link to a write up in Life Storeys about our Community Garden Leader .....


Since she was a child, Hougang Ave 4 resident Mrs Iris Chua has always been resourceful, a trait that she attributes to her mother, a housewife.
"Back then, toys weren't as easily available from shops as they are today," recalls the 59-year-old retiree. "Instead, my mum would make dolls for me out of old clothes. From there, I learned to make my own toys with whatever I could get my hands on."
Mrs Chua goes on to describe how she used to make houses from shoeboxes by cutting holes in them to make doors and windows. She also furnished these "homes" with furniture she made from matchboxes, gluing them together to make little tables and chairs....... continue reading in the link below .....

http://lifestoreys.hdb.gov.sg/retired-teachers-teaching-recycling.html

No comments: